One week is up already. Wow. Time is just flying by...
It's been a lot harder of a transition than I expected.
For the most part- I like the food, the extremely hot weather hasn't gotten to me, and I'm getting better sleep each night.
I love being here, but I've found that it has been harder to process things and actually feel like myself. I've had a really hard time connecting with people, which is unusual, being something I value SO much.
Indian culture is quite different, beautiful in its own way, but very unfamiliar and confusing. It's very hard to connect or know how to act/respond.
My biggest prayer right now is that my eyes would be on Him and not merely the circumstances...that He'd reveal His heart and His eyes for the people and places around me.
He is always faithful, even when His footsteps cannot be seen as clearly (ps 77)
On a much brighter note- there is a ton of beauty in the midst of the dirtiness and confusion!!! The kids here are probably the cutest I've ever seen :) I'm beginning to truly understand how art can be a prayer in itself- not just a product. There may be some challenges, but this is the beginning of a month of emerging discovery.
Don't hesitate to update me as well via email/fb :) I love hearing from you all as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment