Praise:
-That God is in control of every little detail of this trip to India (even the ones I don't know about)
-That He's already working in India, transforming hearts and lives right now, with a love that is stronger than I can even comprehend
-For the amazing friends and family that are constantly lifting me up in prayer
-That I have a sending agency! Food for the Hungry (fh.org)
-For almost complete funding
-For the time I get to spend with my family before heading out!
Please pray:
-That Janis, my host, will have energy and feel better (she has the stomach flu)
-That the Lord would continue opening my eyes and preparing my heart for a month in India
-For safe travel and health
-That I'd know God's peace in the transition and that same peace would cover my family as they send me out.
-For strong relationships with Chuck and Janis, the couple I'm staying with/learning from and for unity with the other intern/my roommate for the month, Joy (I'm so excited to meet them)
-For the Muslim family that will be living with us for some of the time there
-That all the workshops/classes/activities would be completely surrendered to God's leading and creativity
-That I will be an encouragement to everyone I meet and especially to Chuck, Janis, and Stefan (Taylor alum who started the gallery).
-For discernment in Indian culture
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When God began to put India on my heart in November, I never expected to have the chance to go so soon. Even in April, I didn't expect to be out of the country this summer! But now, here I am, only 3 days away from boarding a plane to New Delhi!
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." Psalm 32:8
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." Psalm 32:8
This verse has meant so much to me over the past several months. In the midst of my impatience, frustration, and worry, God has shown me His faithfulness and perfect timing. As I look back on this semester, even year, I can't believe how fast it went, but one thing is sure: God's completely rocked my world. From South Africa to the soccer field, He's opened my eyes to His presence in all the little details. Granted, I don't always recognize it, but wow, He is Good.
As I look forward, it's really easy to get caught up in the small picture: my calling, my impact, my life, my story. But, it's so much bigger than that. He's at the center- not me. He's reminded me so much that this is His story and I'm so thankful that by His grace, He's invited me to be a part of it. I couldn't be more excited to go to India. I can't believe in less than a week I'll have faces and names of a people God's put on my heart all year, but more importantly, that He loves so dearly. I pray He'll open my eyes to His purposes, His direction, and His heart for every person I meet and I'll have the chance to interact with. I pray He'd continue drawing me closer and closer to Him and that He'll use me to reflect His love and presence everywhere I go. I pray He'll give me the boldness to share His love and glory, that I walk constantly in His Spirit, and am an ambassador for His name.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment